39 hours per week
The Hard Rock Hotel is a 4-star deluxe hotel in the West End of London, just off Oxford Street. The hotel offers a combination of contemporary design throughout 1019 bedrooms, as well as meeting rooms and the modern Brasserie restaurant. The hotel also has its own destination Momentus bar, as well as a dedicated conference centre.
Grand Imperial is a stunning Cantonese restaurant based at The Grosvenor Hotel, Victoria. The restaurant is designed around the ancient practice of Feng-shui, features original pieces of artwork and calligraphy along with traditional artefacts, creating the perfect fine dining Cantonese experience to enjoy authentic dishes.
The Waiter/Waitress delivers a warm welcome, and ensures that all guests receive a quick, efficient and professional dining experience
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / MAIN DUTIES
- Conduct friendly and efficient seating to a table.
- Get to know regular guests and takes steps to personalise the guest dining experience to build guest loyalty.
- Comply with Data Protection and all other related policies
- Communicate with other colleagues and departments regarding guest requests..
- To serve and dispense Food and Beverages in the area designated by the Team Leader / Manager.
- To follow up the daily cleaning schedule and preparations.
- Operate the POS system in taking orders / making payments.
- Clean and set up restaurant.
- Carry out post-function procedures, moving furniture to original restaurant settings. Dispose of waste material safely.
- Operate cloakrooms and any other service requested.
- To take responsibility to ensure that all areas of the restaurant are always presented at their best for guests and in line with Health and Safety policy.
- Carries out any other reasonable tasks.
- Fully understands equipment and systems in the Food and Beverage area.
- Reports Health and Safety hazards immediately to line manager.
What we look for
- Highly guest- focused with a passion for great service and a drive for guest satisfaction.
- Comfortable in a font line role facing the public.
- Empathetic and able to build relationships
- An open personality who is relaxed and natural in their interactions
- Accurate with good attention to detail
- Able to create a positive first impression and be an ambassador for the brand and glh
- Can demonstrate commercial awareness within the context of their role
- Ability to speak and write Chinese desirable.
What's in it for you?
- 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
- Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
- Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Long Service Awards
- Pension and Healthcare Schemes
- Generous recommend a friend scheme
- Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
- Wonderful Person of the month scheme with cash prizes
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff refreshments on shift